How to Configure or Disable AutoPlay On Windows 11. Once connected to the external USB devices we use daily, Microsoft Windows OS detects them automatically. Actually, Windows 11 allows users to adjust the behavior of the OS when an external drive is detected.
It is called autoplay and allows you to default USB drives, memory cards, or any media or device linked to the computer. This feature is also called autoplay. On Windows 11, the same feature is accessible but is hidden deep within the Settings.
AutoPlay will ask you how you like to access a drive or play media files from Windows when inserting a detachable disc into a Windows 11 PC. Here you may find a step-by-step guide on autoplay configuration on Windows 11.
How to Configure or Disable AutoPlay On Windows 11
We’ll not just show you how the AutoPlay feature can be disabled. So let’s see how autoplay on Windows 11 operating system can be configured or disabled.
- First of all, select ‘Settings’ by pressing the Start button. To start the settings app directly, hit the ‘Windows key + I’ button.
- On the Settings page, click on the ‘Bluetooth & devices’ option.
- On the right-hand panel, click ‘AutoPlay’ as seen in the following screenshot.
- Flip off the switch ‘Use AutoPlay for all media and devices’ in order to disable the AutoPlay feature.
- You can adjust AutoPlay actions if you don’t want to disable the feature. Must find the ‘Choose AutoPlay defaults’ option for this purpose.
- You will see several options under the Removable Drive, such as the configuration of storage settings, taking no action, file view open folders, etc. You must choose the option according to your choice.
- You’ll notice numerous other options on the Memory Card option, such as Photos and Videos, Play Media Files, No action, View Folders Open, and Ask me Every Time. You must select the one which meets your own wishes.
This is it! You’re done. This is how autoplay on Windows 11 is configured or disabled.
This guide is all about how autoplay on Windows 11 can be configured or disabled. I hope you’ve been benefited from this article! Please tell your friends about it too. In the comments section below, let us know if you have any doubts regarding this.