How to Hide & Show Specific Desktop Icons in Windows 11. Well, if you have been using Windows 11 for some time, you surely know that desktop icons are not displayed by default by the operator system. You must instead enable the desktop icons to be displayed on your desktop manually.
While it’s very straightforward to display desktop icons, what about hiding an icon on the desktop? Well, Windows 11 Microsoft offers an option. You can hide or display icons on your desktop effortlessly in Windows 11.
How to Show & Hide Specific Desktop Icons in Windows 11
This article will tell you how to display or hide system icons on your desktop, such as Recycle Bin, Network, This PC, etc. We’ll tell you not simply how to display desktop applications icons.
Important: Before implementing the procedures, enable Windows 11. Unless Windows 11 is enabled, you cannot modify desktop icon settings.
- First, open your system’s Settings app. To enter the Settings app, just press ‘Windows Key + I’.
- In the Settings app, select the ‘Personalization’ tab.
- Now, on the left pane, click the ‘Themes’ option.
- Click the ‘Desktop icon settings’ link in the right pane.
- Select the desktop icons from the Desktop Icon Settings pop-up and click the ‘Ok’ button. If you want to hide a certain icon, uncheck the box and click the ‘Ok’ button.
That’s all! You have completed your task. In Windows 11, you can use this method to reveal or conceal individual desktop icons.
Steps to Show Program Icons in Windows 11
Program icons, like system icons, can be shown. Displaying program icons on the desktop screen is a simple process. You must search for the program in Windows 11 Search and then drag and drop it to the desktop screen. This will create a shortcut to the program on your desktop.
So, In this post, we’ll teach you how to display certain desktop icons in Windows 11. I hope you found this material useful! Please forward it to your friends as well. If you have any questions about this, please leave them in the comments section below.