Rustic Farmhouse Style Ideas. Beautiful farmhouse decor is something we never get tired of. You surely must admire modern-rustic design ideas. The interior style of the farmhouse is characterized by functionality and comfort, with materials and colours that are widely available. The all-natural and rough-hewn are celebrated in the rustic farmhouse style. Repurposed goods, reclaimed and untreated timbers, natural fabrics, and rusted finishes are all distinctive elements of the style.
Table of Contents
Rustic Farmhouse Style Ideas
From materials to must-have furniture and décor, we’ll guide you through the fundamentals of rustic farmhouse style. Continue reading to learn more about this ideal dreamy look.
Farmhouse design is characterised by wood features and white tones. The easiest material to come by was timber, that’s why there is so much emphasis on wood features. The farmhouse is unlike the modern design, which is precise in matching the parts of a room in a basic fashion. The farmhouse design style is enhanced by knickknacks, antiques, or matching an old chair with a modern sofa. The beauty lies in the functionality, with a dash of personality and tradition thrown in for good measure.
Interior Design Features of Rustic Farmhouse
Simplicity leads the charge when it comes to the elements of farmhouse style. It’s easy to build onto or take away elements as you see fit. Use a mix of vintage finds or inherited items, pairing those with newer elements.
It is not a measured style – or even a style that requires heavy planning. It’s very dependent on what you have and want, which makes the farmhouse unique in that sense.
Best Colour Scheme for Rustic Farmhouse Style
The farmhouse style’s core colour is clearly white, pretty typical of the whitewash typically employed in historic farmhouses,” says the famous interior designer. White and other neutral tones help to bring attention to other colours and textures you’re using.
- White & neutrals shades like beige are in major used colours.
- The focus is on keeping the walls clean, which helps to highlight other interior components like furniture and fixtures.
- Accent colours offer charm and create a welcoming environment.
- Barn red, robin’s blues, forest green, or bright yellow are all common colours that work well here.
- If the wood grain is bright or dark, lean into it. Light woods work well together, but deeper tones provide a richness to the space.
Rustic Farmhouse Style Decor Tips
Open concept floor designs, broad porch, neutral or muted colour palette, soft materials, natural daylight, and incorporated flora are some major aspects of the farmhouse style.
- Wherever possible, use previous aspects, but don’t go overboard. A few works of art or decor, as well as antique tables or chairs, are ideal.
- Mixing and matching designs and tones is a great way to add functionality and charm to a room.
- Fireplaces are a great way to add warmth and charm to any room.
- Colour and personality are added to the area by incorporating a range of paintings, photos, plants, and farmhouse-style themes.