How to create an Oculus Developer Account? There are several advantages to having an Oculus developer account. You may build new games, adjust parameters, and make other modifications as you see fit. The creation of the developer account is due to the fact that Android devices cannot produce three-dimensional games.
If you want to create new virtual reality games, you should try out the developer mode. It has new features such as system performance and a cockpit to make your life simpler. In this blog article, I’ll guide you through the procedures to get started with an Oculus developer account.
How to create an Oculus Developer Account?
- Navigate to https://developer.oculus.com in your browser.
- Click on sign up, which will lead you to a new page with two alternatives. First, create a Facebook account. The second way is to set up a separate Oculus Developer account.
- If you don’t already have a Facebook account or want to create one, click Create an unmerged Oculus Developer account. It will allow you to build for Quest 2 without having to share your abilities online.
- Enter your name, email address, Oculus username, surname, and password, among other things.
- Finally, click Create Account and confirm your email address.
- To log in, click the go button, which will take you to the Oculus developer home page.
- In the top-right corner, select the gear icon to completely enable all of the available options on the developer account.
- It will take you to the Account Manager screen, where you must validate your Oculus developer account.
- Finally, add a credit card by enabling two-factor authentication. To completely verify, you must enter your phone number.
- Return to the Oculus developer landing page.
How to create an Organization on Your Oculus Account?
- Log in to your Oculus developer account and choose Manage from the left-hand pane.
- Go to https://developer.oculus.com/manage/organizations/create/ and input the name of your organisation.
- Review the terms of service and click Submit.
- An NDA form will also appear; verify it and click Agree.
That’s the end of it. You’ve now been approved as an Oculus developer.
How to Install Oculus Phone App?
- Connect an Android or iPhone to Wi-Fi and utilise it for this purpose. Enable Bluetooth as well.
- Navigate to the appropriate app store and look for the Oculus app. Install the app as well.
- When you launch the Oculus software, you’ll be requested to check in with your Facebook account. Furthermore, as I indicated in the last section, if you already have an Oculus developer account, use it.
- Your Oculus developer account includes the ability to create test accounts. As a result, you may log in with bogus Facebook credentials.
- In either case, launch the Oculus Phone app and sign in with your original Facebook credentials.
- Finally, click Save and then Continue with whatever your login is.
- Keep in mind that the login you enter on your mobile device will stay the same in your headset. To make any modifications, you must do a factory reset on your headset.
- Finally, click Continue and upload a profile image. Continue to press the continue button and wait before picking up your headset.
- Take your headset and turn it on since the next portion of the setup procedure occurs in the headset.
Furthermore, once you’ve completed all of these processes, you’ll be able to access your developer account and build games for it. Run your inventions and wow your friends and family.