FB Messenger Notification But no Message. Facebook Messenger will periodically notify users that they have an unread message that will not disappear when opened. Tapping on the app’s icon is ineffective because those impacted are led to a messageless screen. Blowing Ideas has more information on where the bug originated and how to resolve it.
FB Messenger Notification But no Message
Are you fed up with Facebook Messenger’s incessant notification dot? Have you checked the mark all read’ option, and is it still present? Have you tried logging in and out of your messenger multiple times and it is still there? Are you cleaning your app’s data and cache on your smartphone, but the problem persists?
If so, keep reading because I’ll explain how to remove that annoying notification dot from your messenger. When you check your Facebook Messenger app, you may notice that you have received a message, but there are no new messages.
Then you try to discover that message by scrolling through your chats, but you can’t identify the unread message that is causing the notification to appear. Don’t worry, your smartphone hasn’t been infected with a virus or anything. It’s simply a minor issue with Facebook’s messaging app, and it can also occur when you access Facebook through a browser on your PC or laptop.
Once you have a lot of work and receive essential communications via Facebook, that red notification might be quite annoying. It repeatedly distracts you from your job and does not turn off even when you check it.
In this post, I am going to inform you how to get rid of that irritating notification dot from either Facebook messenger. So, before we remove that notification sign, we need to understand why it is there in the first place. You could have some unread messages. No, not in your Inbox, but in ‘message requests’ or ‘others’.
Check Your Message Requests
- In a web browser, go to your Facebook account and click on the messaging icon.
- By clicking on the message requests button, you may view your message requests.’
- Open your messenger app and select ‘People,’ as seen below.
Okay, so you’ve checked your others’ inboxes and message requests, and there are no unread messages in either, but your Facebook messenger still displays the notification sign informing you that you have a new message.
No problem, I’ve got a solution for that as well.
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Notification But no Message?
- Begin by launching a browser on your PC rather than your phone.
- Then, go to Facebook.com and sign in to your account.
- Then, on the left navigation bar, select the Messenger option.
- The unread message should be visible on the left-hand side, signified by letters in a strong font.
- Navigate to your messaging app or your inbox in a browser.
- As seen in the image below, click on a recent message and then on ‘mark as unread.’
- Log out of your Facebook account or exit the Facebook Messenger app.
- Log in again and look for the message you marked as unread.
And, as soon as you check that unread mail, the notification dot should go. This method has assisted many Facebook users in removing the notification dot.
Note: If the notice persists and you really want to get rid of it, you can ‘Report a Problem’ with Facebook’s support staff, and they will assist you in any way they can to remove that annoying notification symbol that appears on your smartphone or computer.
Also Read: How to Fix Facebook App Crashing on Android