How to Fix Apple Watch Not Ringing on Incoming Calls? When you can’t access your iPhone, the Apple Watch is an excellent tool for staying connected. Even if your phone is locked or asleep, users will still receive alerts or incoming calls on your watch for efficiency.
If your Apple Watch doesn’t ring when you get a call, it’s possible to miss an essential phone call. Fortunately, if you know what to look for, the solution is typically not too difficult to find. Here are some of the possible causes of your Apple Watch not ringing and how to resolve the issue.
Why is My Apple Watch Not Ringing When I Get a Phone Call?
It might be quite annoying if your Apple Watch no longer rings when you get a phone call. Here are some of the main reasons why this may be happening.
- Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode has been enabled. When your Apple Watch and/or iPhone are set to Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode, all alerts and potential interruptions are turned off. As a result, you will not get call alerts. To reinstate the feature, turn off Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode.
- Check to see if your iPhone is working properly. Is your iPhone getting phone calls? If not, the Apple Watch will not be able to receive them.
- Call notifications have been disabled. Examine your Apple Watch alerts to ensure that calls are being received to your Apple Watch. They may be turned off, which means you will not get notifications.
- Problems with the connection. Check to see if your iPhone and Apple Watch are linked. If your Apple Watch’s connection has failed, try restoring it or resyncing it.
- Things are changing as a result of the Wake Screen features. The notice may be received, but you may not be able to view it if you have the Wake Screen function turned off on your Apple Watch. Make sure it’s turned on.
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Ringing on Incoming Calls?
Whether your Apple Watch seems to be no longer ringing when someone calls, there are a few simple solutions that will generally resolve the issue. Here’s what you should look for and do. As a result, it might be aggravating whenever your watch does not ring to notify you of incoming calls. If you’re wondering how to fix an Apple Watch that isn’t ringing on incoming calls, consider the solutions listed below.
Method 1: Make Sure Do Not Disturb is Turned Off
- Whether you have your phone or watch set to Do Not Disturb, this will not ring when you get a call.
- Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off in Settings.
- Similarly, be certain that your iPhone is not on Silent mode.
- Additionally, swipe down on your watch face & check in the Control Centre that the ‘Do Not Disturb,’ ‘Silent,’ and ‘Theatre’ Modes are turned off.
- Go to Sound and Haptics in your phone’s Watch app and turn off Cover to Mute.
Method 2: Check Notification Settings
- When Notification Privacy is activated, your Apple Watch may not notify you of incoming calls. To avoid this, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and choose Notifications from the My Watch page. Toggle Notification Privacy off.
- Additionally, on your Apple Watch, go to Settings Notifications and turn off Notifications Privacy.
- Second, ensure that your Apple Watch alerts settings are identical to those on your iPhone. Go to My Watch Notifications Phone in the Watch app and choose Mirror My Phone.
- To get alerts, your phone should be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
Method 3: Restart Your Apple Watch and iPhone
- Tap and hold the side button until you’ve seen the slider to restart your Apple Watch. Drag the slider to the right and wait for your watch to switch off. After then, hold down the side button until you’ve seen the Apple logo.
- To restart an iPhone X or later, press and hold the side button as well as either volume button until the slider appears. Drag it to turn your phone off. Take a few seconds before pressing and holding the side button once more to restart your smartphone.
- On earlier iPhones, hold the side button down until you see the slider, then move it to turn off your phone. To restart your smartphone, wait a few seconds and then tap and hold the side button again.
Method 4: Temporarily disable the passcode on Apple Watch
- Whether you use a passcode on your Apple Watch, consider turning it off to see if it resolves the incoming call alert problem. Go to Settings Passcode Turn Passcode Off on your watch.
- Check to see if this fixes the problem of incoming calls not ringing on the Apple Watch.
Method 5: Turn On Wake Screen to Fix Apple Watch Not Ringing
- When you receive an incoming call notice on your Apple Watch, the display does not instantly wake up. It may be set to turn on when your wrist is raised.
- Go to your iPhone, go to the Watch app > My Watch tab > General > Wake Screen. Turn on the Wake Screen on Wrist Raise.
Method 6: Refresh your Contacts to Fix Apple Watch Not Ringing
Whether you’re experiencing trouble getting contacts to appear on your Apple Watch, try these steps:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then navigate to My Watch General Reset Reset Sync Data. Wait for the procedure to finish.
Method 7: Update your Watch and iPhone
- If you haven’t figured it out yet, check sure your phone and watch are both up to date with the current firmware.
- Go to Settings General Software Update on your watch, and if one is available, follow the on-screen directions to download and install it.
- Alternatively, on your iPhone, navigate to Settings General Software Update and check for any available upgrades.
Method 8: Unpair and repair your Apple Watch
Finally, if you are still experiencing issues, you can unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone and then re-pair it.
I hope these suggestions have assisted you in resolving the problem with your Apple Watch. Let us know which approach worked best for you in the comments section below. If you have any additional queries, please ask.
Frequently Asking Questions (FAQ)
- How do I stop calls from ringing on my Apple Watch?
To prevent calls from reaching your Apple Watch, go to Settings on your iPhone, then Phone > Calls on Other Devices, and turn off Allow Calls on Other Phones. If you do not want your Apple Watch to ring or vibrate whenever you receive a phone call, launch the Watch app on your iPhone and go to My Watch > Phone. Disable Sound under Ringtone. You may also turn off Haptic if you wouldn't want to be reminded when you have a call.
- Why is my iPhone not ringing when it's linked to my Apple Watch?
If your iPhone is locked or turned off but your Apple Watch is unlocked, even though the watch screen is sleeping, you will get alerts, including calls, on your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is unlocked and still doesn't ring, make sure it's not in Silent Mode or Do Not Disturb mode and that the volume is cranked up.
- Why is my Apple Watch vibrating but not ringing when I get a call?
It's possible that you don't have sound enabled in your Phone settings. To find out, launch the Watch app on your iPhone and select My Watch. Scroll down to Phone, then under Ringtone, make absolutely sure both Sound and Haptic are turned on if you want your Watch to ring and vibrate.