How to Fix Green Screen Problem when Playing Videos? Many users have recently contacted us about the green screen issue while watching videos. Users have reported seeing a green screen while watching videos on YouTube, Facebook, and a few other sites. How to fix green screen on videos? The issue exists on mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Green Screen Problem when Playing Videos
So, in this article, we’ve decided to share a few of the best methods for resolving the Green screen issue while watching videos. Before we get into the solutions, let’s look at why the green screen appears in the first place. How to fix green screen on videos?
List of 4 Methods to Fix Green Screen Problem when Playing Videos
The green screen is frequently caused by out-of-date graphic card drivers, unsupported flash players, malicious apps, video corruption, interrupted downloads, a damaged GPU, and other factors. Now, let’s look at the best ways to fix the Green Screen Problem while watching videos. Step by Step Guide to Fix Green Screen Problem while Playing Videos.
1. Restart Your Device
Whether you’re watching a video on a smartphone or a computer, a simple restart can resolve the majority of issues, including the green screen. So, before attempting the following methods, make sure to restart your device first. If the problem persists after restarting, try the following solutions.
2. Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome
For those who are unaware, Hardware Acceleration utilises your device’s GPU to accelerate the process while relieving the CPU load. The feature is intended to use the computer’s GPU to accelerate some functions of software that run solely on the CPU. Hardware acceleration frequently causes issues such as Green Screen. If you are experiencing Green screen issues while watching online videos, you must disable Hardware acceleration.
Check out this article to learn how to disable hardware acceleration in the Chrome browser.
3. Update Your Graphics Card driver
As previously stated, the green screen issue could be caused by corrupted or outdated graphic card drivers. As a result, in this method, you must update your graphics card driver. Follow the steps below to update the graphics card driver.
- Select Properties from the My Computer menu.
- Click ‘Device Manager’ on the System page.
- Choose the Display drivers option.
- Select ‘Update driver software’ from the context menu when you right-click on the graphic driver.
- Select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software in the next popup.
- Restart your computer after it has been updated.
Play the video again after the restart. The green screen will no longer be visible. If the green screen persists, proceed to the next method.
4. Run the Troubleshooter to Fix Green Screen Problem when Playing Videos
When the above methods fail to resolve the green screen issue, you must run the troubleshooter. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then follow some of the simple steps outlined below to resolve the green screen issue.
- First, launch the Settings app on your PC.
- Then, select ‘Update & Security.’
- Now select ‘Troubleshoot > Hardware and Devices’.
- Next, click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Wait until the process is finished.
- After that, restart your computer.
That’s all! You’re finished. You will no longer see the green screen after restarting.
So, these are the best ways to fix the Green Screen Problem while watching videos. I hope you found this article useful! Please forward it to your friends as well.