How to Fix ‘No Data Available’ on Facebook? Let’s face it: social networking sites have become an integral part of our daily lives. Without it, our lives become monotonous and we feel confined. Facebook is currently the most popular social media platform, including virtually every communication option imaginable.
It also offers a mobile app for both Android and iOS. Although audio and video chats require the Messenger app, the Facebook app is mostly used to view the Facebook feed, watch videos, and engage with items uploaded on the platform. However, many Facebook mobile app users have recently been affected by a glitch. Users have reported that their Facebook app displays the error ‘No Data Available’ when viewing comments or likes on posts.
If you are a frequent Facebook user, the ‘No data available’ error may irritate you; you may even hunt for remedies to the problem. As a result, this post will discuss some of the best solutions to resolve the ‘No Data Available’ error message on Facebook. Let’s get this article started.
Why is Facebook claiming that No Data is available?
When viewing a post’s comments or likes, the Facebook app displays the ‘No Data Available’ error. When a user clicks on a post’s likes count, it displays ‘No Data Available’ instead of the users who have liked the post. A similar problem occurs while checking the comments on Facebook posts.
The issue does not affect Facebook’s web/desktop version; it solely affects mobile apps. The error could have occurred for a variety of reasons. The most typical causes are a Facebook server outage, an unstable internet connection, corrupted Facebook app data, an out-of-date cache, flaws in specific app versions, and so on.
How to Fix ‘No Data Available’ on Facebook?
You may choose to resolve the mistake now that you know why it happens. We’ve provided some basic tips below to assist you in resolving No Data Available Facebook likes or comments problems. Let’s go check it out.
1. Check Facebook Server Status
- If your internet is operating but you still receive the ‘No Data Available’ error when viewing comments or likes on the Facebook app, you should check Facebook’s server status.
- It’s possible that Facebook is experiencing a technical issue right now, or that the servers are down for maintenance. If this occurs, none of the Facebook app’s functions will function.
- You have no options if Facebook is unavailable. All you have to do is wait and keep an eye on the Facebook Server Status page at Downdetector. You can view the Facebook post comments and likes once the servers are up and running.
2. Check the Internet Connection
- If your internet connection is down, the Facebook app may fail to retrieve data from its servers, resulting in errors. You may also encounter difficulties accessing the photographs and videos that other Facebook users share.
- Even if your internet is operational, it may be inconsistent and frequently loses connection. As a result, double-check your internet connectivity.
- You can reconnect your WiFi or use mobile data to see whether the ‘No Data Available’ message on Facebook still appears. If the internet is working well, proceed to the next steps.
3. Connect to an Alternative Network
- Assume you’re using a WiFi network to use the Facebook app; try connecting to mobile data. While this is not always the best solution, it can occasionally help.
- Switching networks establishes a new connection with the Facebook server. As a result, if there is a problem with the network path, it will be resolved instantly. So, if you’re on WiFi, switch to a mobile network, and vice versa.
4. Update the Facebook App to Fix No Data Available
- If you continue to see the ‘No Data Available’ problem when monitoring Facebook comments and likes, the Facebook app has to be updated.
- It’s possible that a glitch in the app version you’re running is preventing you from checking the comments. Such issues can be readily eliminated by installing the most recent version or updating the Facebook app.
- So, on Android, go to the Google Play Store and update the Facebook app. This should resolve the issue.
5. Clear the Facebook App Cache
As previously stated, an old or corrupted Facebook app cache might also cause such an issue. Clearing the app cache is the next best option to tackle the No Data Available Facebook comments or likes issue. Here’s what you should do.
- First of all, long tap on the Facebook app icon and select ‘App Info’.
- On the App Info page, select Storage Usage.
- Select Clear Cache from the Storage Usage screen.
- That’s all! That’s how simple it is to erase the cache for the Facebook Android app.
6. Use a web browser to access Facebook
- The Facebook mobile app isn’t the only way to connect to the social networking site. It is primarily intended for web browsers, and it will provide a better social networking experience.
- If Facebook still displays the ‘No Data Available’ warning on specific posts, it is advised to view such posts through a web browser. The no data available issue is most frequently encountered in the Facebook app for Android and iOS.
- Open your preferred web browser, navigate to Facebook.com, and sign in using your account. You will be able to see the number of likes and comments.
So, these are some of the simplest and most effective methods for resolving the no data available problem on Facebook. If you require additional assistance in resolving the no data available problem notice, please let us know in the comments. Also, if you found this post useful, please share it with your friends.
Also Read: How to Fix Facebook App Crashing on Android