How Long does Snapchat data request take? Have you ever wondered how to access your previous Snapchat conversations as a Snapchat user? I had the same question and learned that Snapchat captures a lot of user info. While the app is still very closed to the public (for the most part), there are methods to find out what is going on with your “Snaps,” and here’s how you can do it.
Which types of information can be found on Snapchat?
You can access the following after downloading the Snapchat data report:
- A list of friends
- Account name modifications
- Chats that have been saved
- Popular Locations
- History of searches
- Interests in the content
- Account information and login history
- Profiles of Users and the General Public
- Memories Preserved
It goes without saying that Snapchat collects a lot of user data.
How to download your Snapchat data on iPhone and Android
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Tap your profile image in the upper left corner.
- Open Settings (gear symbol) in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to Account Actions and select My Data.
- Enter your login information.
- You will be taken to the “Download My Data” page.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and confirm your email address.
- You will receive an email once your data is ready to download after making your request.
Using macOS or Windows, download your Snapchat data
- Use this link to access your Snapchat account.
- Enter your login information and then click Login.
- Use an OTP from your mobile phone or email address to confirm your login.
- You’d be taken to the “Manage my account” page.
- Select “My Data.”
- Request access to your Snapchat data.
- You will be notified via email when your data is ready for download. Keep in mind that the request may take up to 6 hours to process.
Also Read: How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
How do I access the downloaded Snapchat data?
- Unzip the zip file.
- Navigate to the extracted folder.
- Use a web browser to access the “Index.html” file.
- Select the Sidebar item for which you desire information.
It would take you to the page where that precise information is located.
Also Read: How to Recover Snapchat Account?