How to Find Missing App Icon on iPhone? Can’t find any apps on your iPhone? You’re not alone, though. Many individuals have grumbled about having to navigate endlessly through their Home Screens in order to find their favourite apps. While there could be a variety of reasons for an app’s absence, we’ve compiled a list of remedies that should assist you in restoring the missing app icons on your iPhone. So, let’s have a look.
How to Find Missing App Icon on iPhone?
If an app has vanished from your Home Screen, check your App Library first, then hunt for any hidden Home Screens. If none of these alternatives works, use Siri Search or the App Store to check the app’s installation status. Whatever the reason you can’t find an app on your iPhone 14, iPhone 13 Pro Max, 12, 11, or X, we’ll teach you how to restore apps to your iPhone’s Home Screen.
12 Methods to Find Missing App Icons on iPhone
Here is the list of 12 Methods to Find Missing App icons on iPhone:
1. Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iphone is one of the most fundamental troubleshooting techniques for removing small issues from your iPhone. As a result, you can begin there. To switch off your iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the side and slide it down. Wait a minute or two before turning it on.
2. Get Apps Back on Home Screen Using App Library
If an app has vanished from your iPhone’s Home Screen, the first place to search is the App Library. Even if you’ve removed an app from your iPhone’s Home Screen, it can be found in the App Library. Here’s how to use the App Library to restore apps to the iPhone’s Home Screen:
- To begin, navigate to your App Library by sliding left until you’re one screen past your last Home Screen page. Your App Library is made up of auto-sorting groups or folders of apps.
- If you don’t see your app right away in the App Library, the quickest way to find it is to search for it. If you see it, proceed to step 4. To search, tap the magnifying glass icon on the App Library bar.
- Enter the app’s name.
- The app icon should appear in the results list. Hold down the app icon until a menu opens, then select Add to Home Screen.
- If you don’t see the Add to Home Screen option, it’s likely that the app is hidden in a Home Screen folder or on a hidden Home page. In this situation, you can return the app icon to your Home Screen by pressing and dragging it.
If you looked for an app but couldn’t find it in the Software Library, it implies the app isn’t on your iPhone and you’ll have to redownload it from the App Store.
3. Check Folders
Organizing apps in folders is an excellent approach to streamlining the iPhone’s Home Screen. So, if you can’t find the installed software, it could be in one of those files. Look inside the app directories to see if it’s there.
4. Unhide Purchased Apps
Is the app visible on your home screen but not on the App Store? It’s conceivable that you’ve concealed your purchases. If this is the case, neither you nor any other individual joined to your family sharing will see the app in the App Store. Here’s how to get them back.
- Open the App Store and tap your profile image in the upper right corner. Now, at the top, touch on your Apple ID.
- Scroll down to the Hidden Purchases section. Finally, tap the Unhide button next to the app.
5. Reveal Hidden Home Screens
If multiple apps have vanished from your iPhone yet remain installed, it is possible that the culprit is the Home Screen itself! Apple now allows you to conceal numerous apps at the same time by hiding entire Home Screen pages. This, like a butt dial, can happen by accident. This is the most likely cause if all of your apps have vanished from your Home Screen. Here’s how to restore apps to your iPhone Home Screen by searching for hidden Home Screen pages:
- Long touch your Home Screen’s wallpaper until the icons wiggle.
- Tap the bottom three dots on the screen.
- You will view all of the pages on your Home Screen. If there is no checkmark on a Home Screen, it is hidden.
- To make the Home Screen page visible, tap the empty circle.
- Return to your regular Home Screen view by tapping Done.
- If you swipe between your Home Screen panels, you should now see the previously concealed missing Home Screen.
6. Check App Library to Find Missing App Icon on iPhone
On the iPhone, the App Library is where you’ll find all of your apps, even if they’re not on the Home Screen. To locate the missing app, go to the rightmost Home Screen tab and swipe from right to left to expose the App Library.
Tap the search bar at the top to see all the installed apps listed alphabetically. To find the app, scroll down or use the search bar at the top of the page. Once you’ve found your app, tap and hold the app icon and select Add to Home Screen to transfer it to your Home Screen.
Repeat for all of the app icons that have vanished from your iPhone.
7. Check If App is Installed
If such an app icon disappearing problem is restricted to one or two apps, open Program Store to see if the app is actually loaded on your smartphone. It may seem apparent, but it is worth considering before proceeding to the other ideas on this list.
To see if the app is installed on your device, visit the App Store and search for the missing app in the search box at the top. If there is a Get button next to it, your iPhone does not have the app loaded.
If it says Open or Update, it’s on your iPhone and you may go to the next step.
8. Reset Home Screen Layout
Another method for easily locating missing apps such as Phone, Camera, App Store, and so on is to arrange them alphabetically. All you have to do is follow the steps below to reset your Home Screen.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to General.
- Scroll down and click Reset. Then, from the resulting menu, select Reset Home Screen Layout.
9. Unhide Home Screen Page
If you can find the programme using Spotlight Search and the App Store but can’t find its icon, it’s conceivable that you’ve hidden the Home Screen page that contains that icon.
Tap and hold any location on the empty space on your Home Screen to reveal it. To edit your Home Screen pages, press on the dots at the bottom. Make sure all of the Home Screen pages are checked, then click Done.
10. Use Spotlight Search to Find Missing App Icon on iPhone
Another method for locating missing apps on your iPhone is to use the Spotlight search. To do so, slide down on the Home Screen and type the app’s name. If you have the app installed, you may launch it from here.
11. Check Screen Time Settings
Screen Time is a great iPhone feature that allows you to limit your app usage by masking their app icons. You can use it to conceal programmes such as Mail, Safari, and Camera. As a result, if you have restricted certain apps on your iPhone, they will not appear in Spotlight search or the App library. Follow the instructions below to unhide the restricted apps.
- Go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions in the Settings app.
- Select Allowed Apps and ensure that the toggles next to all of the apps are turned on.
- Return to the Content & Privacy Restrictions screen and select Allow All Apps under Content Restrictions.
12. Free Up Storage Space to Find Missing App Icon on iPhone
Clearing storage space is another way that has helped many people recover their misplaced Phone or App Store icons.
- To free up storage space on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Examine the amount of storage space used by various apps, media, messages, and so on. Check that the iPhone has at least 1GB of free storage space.