How to Repair a Stripped Screw Hole? When the fibres around a screw hole degrade, it results in a stripped screw hole. Too much weight on the screw, changes in the weather, and over-screwing can all cause it. This article will show readers how to fix a stripped screw hole. The directions are simple, and the completion time is expected to be 30-35 minutes.
How to Repair a Stripped Screw Hole?
- Measure the depth of the screw hole and the number of toothpicks required to fill the screw hole using the toothpick as a guide.
- Cover the region of the toothpick(s) that will fill in the screw hole with wood glue next.
- Insert the toothpicks through the screw hole.
- Now, break off the exposed toothpick segment (s).
- Remove any extra wood glue and let it dry for up to 30 minutes.
- The recommended drying time for wood glue varies depending on the product.
- Finally, insert the screw into the repaired screw hole with the screwdriver.
Also Read: How to Repair Large Hole in Foundation