How to Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11. Like Windows 10, Windows 11 includes a built-in antivirus programme named Microsoft Defender. Microsoft provides a free antivirus suite to defend the Windows 11 operating system.
How to Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11
The built-in antivirus application in Windows 11 is really useful; it protects your computer against a variety of security threats such as malware, viruses, PUPs, and others. However, Microsoft Defender consumes a significant amount of system resources.
It’s also a good idea to disable Microsoft Defender or Windows Security if you’re running a third-party antivirus programme. When the Windows security app finds another security programme, it automatically disables itself.
Steps to Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11
However, if it isn’t already turned off, you can turn it off under the Windows Security settings. So, in this article, we will walk you through the process of temporarily disabling the Windows 11 security service. Let’s go check it out.
- To begin, open the Windows search box and type in Windows security. Then, from the list, select the Windows security software.
- Navigate to the Virus & threat prevention section of the Windows Security programme.
- Next, on the right pane, select Manage Settings from the Virus & Threat Protection settings.
- On the next Window on the right pane, disable the Real-time protection, Cloud-delivered protection, and Tamper Protection features.
- Next, in the left pane, select the App & Browser control option.
- Select Reputation-based protection settings from the Right pane.
- On the right pane, uncheck the Check apps and files and Potentially undesirable programme blocking options.
Important: Only disable these features if you have other trustworthy security software installed on your PC. Windows Security is a critical security app that should be left running.
So, this guide will show you how to turn off Windows Security on Windows 11. I hope you found this material useful! Please forward it to your friends as well. If you have any questions about this, please leave them in the comments section below.