How to Fix iPhone 13 Keyboard Flickering? If your iPhone 13 keyboard is glitching or flickering with the new iOS 15, follow simple keyboard flickering troubleshooting guides and reset keyboard dictionary to fix on iPhone 13 or iPhone keyboard typing wrong letters 2021 or keyboard keeps hanging on iPhone, random letters and doesn’t respond.
How to Fix iPhone 13 Keyboard Flickering?
Check out the troubleshooting advice for keyboard glitches or flickering below.
Method 1: Force Restart iPhone 13
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, pause for a second in the middle, and then swipe up to the right or left.
- You can check recently closed apps from here and forcefully close them by swiping all of them up.
- Now, go to Settings > Shutdown on your iPhone and wait for it to shut down.
Method 2: Keyboard Lag
- Go to the General tab and select Open Settings.
- Select Transfer or Reset iPhone from the drop-down menu.
- Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Now input your screen time passcode and your passcode.
- To confirm, click Reset Dictionary on the pop-up box.
You won’t be able to get keyboard glitching or flickering issues on your iPhone 13 after you reset the keyboard dictionary settings.
Method 3: Uninstall Third-Party Keyboards
When you’re using a third-party keyboard, uninstall it and see if the issue persists when you use the built-in virtual keyboard on your iPhone. It’s possible that the keyboard you’re using isn’t compatible with the most recent version of iOS. You can simply reinstall your keyboard or use a different keyboard app altogether.
Method 4: Frozen Keyboard
This is the condition in which you are typing on your keyboard and it suddenly becomes unresponsive or freezes, preventing you from typing anything. The only option to resolve this issue with your keypad is to restart or hard reset your iPhone device. Here are two options for accomplishing this.
If your iPhone device can still be shut down normally, all you have to do is hold down the power button until the “slide to power down” message shows on your screen. Simply drag the slide to the right to turn off your iPhone once you’ve seen that. Turn on your iPhone and check to see if your keyboard is working after a minute or two.
If you’re having trouble shutting down your iPhone normally, simply press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time (if you’re using the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro Max, just press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons). Wait for the startup Apple logo to display on your screen after holding both buttons for roughly 10 seconds. You can now let go of the buttons once you see the Apple logo.
Method 5: Turn off Predictive Keyboard
- Go to your iPhone’s settings app.
- Go to General and then Keyboard.
- Select “Predictive” from the drop-down menu and turn it off.
- Now return to the home screen and force close all apps.
Your iPhone keyboard should work correctly when you switch off the predictive keyboard.
Method 6: Reset Settings
When typing, your keyboard may flicker due to your current settings. Reset your device by going to Settings, selecting General, then tapping Reset. After that, choose Erase All Settings and confirm your decision.
The settings for your network, privacy, keyboard, location, and Apple Card will be removed. Check the results after you’ve reset all of your iPhone’s settings.
Method 7: Updating iPhone 13
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet before updating it.
- Select Settings > General > Software Update from the drop-down menu.
- Your iPhone will now check for updates and, if any are available, download and install them.
- Once your iPhone has completed the process, it will restart.
If you update your iPhone 13 to the current version of iOS, you will no longer experience issues with keyboard glitching, flickering, or keyboard hanging.