How to fix VoiceMail not Working on iPhone 13? Voicemail isn’t as popular as it used to be, but it’s still a valuable tool that allows you to receive audio messages when you can’t answer the phone. When you’ve grown accustomed to relying on voicemail to catch your messages, it’ll be frustrating when it suddenly stops working.
Table of Contents
- VoiceMail not Working on iPhone
- What is VoiceMail?
- How to set up voicemail on iPhone?
- Reasons Why VoiceMail Not Working on iPhone?
- List of Methods to fix VoiceMail not Working on iPhone
- Method 1: Check to see if your iPhone has Voicemail enabled
- Method 2; Close and then reopen the Phone app
- Method 3: Turn on and off Cellular Service
- Method 4: Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone
- Method 5: Try directly calling your voicemail
- Method 6: Enable and deactivate Airplane Mode
- Method 7: Check that Call Forwarding is turned off
- Method 8: Install the latest Carrier Settings updates
- Method 9: Reboot your iPhone to resolve the voicemail issue
- Method 10: Automatically reset the time zone and set the date and time
- Method 11: Password reset on voicemail
- Method 12: Resetting Network Settings
- Method 13: Re-insert your SIM card
- Method 14: Please contact your carrier
- Methdo 15: Please contact Apple Support
VoiceMail not Working on iPhone
Although it may appear impossible to disengage from the outside world, you should not be frightened to turn off your iPhone every now and again. After all, messages you don’t see will be waiting for you, and missed calls will be sent to your voicemail for you to retrieve and respond with afterward. Instructions to fix Voice Mail not working on iPhone 13, 12, 11, or previous versions.
That’s still, of course, assuming your voicemail service is operational. If your voicemail on your iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 12 is not working, you either may need to set it up or change your settings to get it to work again. This post will show you how to fix your voicemails on iPhone 13 Pro so you don’t miss any critical messages. How to fix VoiceMail not Working on iPhones.
What is VoiceMail?
Your default voicemail display, allows you to browse all of your messages, play them, access information on who called and when each message was left, set a greeting message, listen to messages while using a speaker, call the number back, and delete the call.
How to set up voicemail on iPhone?
- Whether this is your first time accessing your voicemail, you’ll be requested to create a voicemail password and, if wanted, record a greeting.
- You have the option of changing your password. Change the voicemail password by going to Settings > Phone.
- On the voicemail screen, tap the Greeting button to enter a new greeting. To record a new greeting, select Custom.
- Go to Settings > Sounds > New Voicemail to add an alert sound that plays when you receive a new voicemail. Choose a sound from the list.
Reasons Why VoiceMail Not Working on iPhone?
- Why is my voicemail not working on my iPhone, who can help?
- iPhone Voicemail Unavailable
- iPhone Voicemail not working?
List of Methods to fix VoiceMail not Working on iPhone
Voicemail can cease operating for a variety of reasons; fortunately, there are various remedies available. Therefore, if your iPhone’s voicemail isn’t working, this is how to fix it.
Method 1: Check to see if your iPhone has Voicemail enabled
Before we go into how to solve your voicemail not working on iPhone, it’s critical to know if voicemail is set up in the first place.
Some upgrades may change or reset your setup, resulting in new problems.
As a result, before proceeding, open Phone and tap on the Voicemail tab to confirm that voicemail is configured.
Users can go to Settings > Phone and check the box next to Change Voicemail Password.
Check if your VoiceMail is not Working Problem Fixed.
Method 2; Close and then reopen the Phone app
Using iPhone X and later, swipe up until you see the applications in task view, then swipe up again on the iPhone to force close it. Double-press the home button on an iPhone 13, 12, 11, X, or before, then swipe up on the Phone. You’ll get a list of all the open app cards.
Relaunch the app after that. This may resolve the issue with your device’s voicemail not working.
Method 3: Turn on and off Cellular Service
From the Settings or Control Center, you can turn off and then on Cellular Service. Toggle off Cellular Data by going to Settings Cellular. Toggle it back on after 30 seconds.
Method 4: Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone
When some customers temporarily stopped Wi-Fi on their iPhones, they were able to resolve their voicemail issues. Try it out for yourself.
- To disable Wi-Fi, navigate to the Control Center and tap the Wi-Fi icon. Try using voicemail now.
- You can also disable Wi-Fi by going to Settings > Wi-Fi. Try using voicemail now.
Method 5: Try directly calling your voicemail
Open the phone > Select Keypad > Press and hold the number 1 for a few seconds. It will dial your phone number and leave a message; you may check your voicemails here.
Method 6: Enable and deactivate Airplane Mode
This can be done through Settings or the Control Center.
- Swipe down from the top right of the screen on an iphone 13, iphone 12, and iPhone X or later (where the battery indicator is). Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on an iPhone 8 or earlier.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and disable all connections by tapping the plane symbol.
- After 30 seconds, press the same plane icon again to turn off Airplane Mode.
This will almost certainly resolve the issue with your voicemail not working.
Method 7: Check that Call Forwarding is turned off
When you have call forwarding enabled, it is likely that it will conflict with voicemail. To disable Call Forwarding or ensure that it is not enabled:
- Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure the toggle is turned off.
Method 8: Install the latest Carrier Settings updates
iPhone upgrades frequently feature security patches and bug fixes that can aid in the resolution of voicemail issues on the iPhone 13 Pro. Inspect to see if there is an update available. Navigate to Settings > General > About > If there is an update, a pop-up will appear. Tap the Update button.
- From your Home screen, go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Software Update.
- If an update is available, select Download and Install.
Method 9: Reboot your iPhone to resolve the voicemail issue
As strange as it may seem, we’ve discovered that most iPhone problems may be resolved with a simple reboot. Your voicemail issue could be caused by a variety of issues, and chances are that if you’re here seeking solutions, your phone issue is a little more complicated, but it never hurts to try the good ol’ restart. It might just work. Navigate to Settings > General > Power OFF.
“All you have to do is switch it off and back on.” You may have heard this as a joke, but it is truly beneficial to reboot your gadgets on a frequent basis.
Because you’re experiencing voicemail troubles, we recommend restarting your iPhone it may resolve your voicemail issue.
Method 10: Automatically reset the time zone and set the date and time
Most users should allow their device to adjust the time automatically. To ensure that your time zone and other settings are correct, follow these steps:
- Toggle on Set Automatically in Settings > General > Date & Time.
Method 11: Password reset on voicemail
Another option for resolving voicemail issues on your iPhone is to change your voicemail password. Anyone can do so by signing into your carrier’s website or calling customer care. Some network providers also allow you to accomplish this through their mobile apps.
You can also reset your voicemail password from Settings.
- Change the voicemail password by going to Settings Phone.
- Fill in the new password.
If you have forgotten your current voicemail password, you must contact your wireless provider.
Method 12: Resetting Network Settings
Nothing in the preceding helped? It’s time to re-establish your network connections. Please keep in mind that this will not remove any of your previously saved data.
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please enter your password. Reset Network Configuration.
Method 13: Re-insert your SIM card
When the above instructions did not work, remove and reinsert your SIM card. This can resolve any underlying issues that are interfering with your phone’s connection to your carrier.
The SIM card is positioned on the phone’s right edge, just below the side button. The SIM card is housed in a tiny tray that may be removed. A little tool, normally included in the phone box, can be used to remove the SIM tray. If you don’t have this, bend a paper clip or use the back of an earring.
When inserting your SIM card, the user should ideally turn off your iPhone first. It’s not a big deal, but it will keep any potential damage at bay. Also, because the SIM is small and easy to misplace, make sure you pull it while seated at a table or flat surface.
If removing the SIM card does not work, simply replace it. This will necessitate visiting one of your carrier’s store locations, so contact first if your problem hasn’t been repaired at this stage. Your carrier may still give you a new SIM card.
Method 14: Please contact your carrier
Even if resetting your Network Configuration doesn’t work, it’s time to contact your carrier or pay them a visit.
Methdo 15: Please contact Apple Support
Apple Support should only be used as a last option. You can contact them online or book an appointment at an Apple Store near you.
These are some of the solutions for your iPhone’s voicemail not working. The truth is that voicemail can stop working properly for a variety of reasons.
Hopefully, assume one of these solutions was successful in resolving your issues. Do you have any questions about How to fix VoiceMail not Working? Tell us in the comments.