How to Change Group Chat Name on iPhone? With a few touches, you can easily alter the name of iMessage group chats on your iPhone. Group Chats have become a common feature of our messaging life, and have mostly replaced phone calls. Apple consumers’ lives are made even easier by iMessage group chats.
However, iMessage Group Chats might be perplexing. Whether we’re talking about making a group chat, leaving one, or, in this case, altering its name, they can be a little tricky to find out due to the lack of a specific option to create a ‘Group Chat’ that most messaging services provide. When you start a group conversation with iMessage, unlike most other services, it does not prompt you to name the group right away.
And instead, you’re stuck with the names/contact information of everyone in the group as the chat’s name. Perhaps someone in the group changed the name and you don’t like it. In any case, changing the name of a group discussion in iMessage is a breeze. It literally simply takes a handful of taps.
Also Read: How to Send Text Message instead of iMessage
How to Change Group Chat Name on iPhone?
A group SMS/MMS message group cannot be named. These instructions are only applicable to an iMessage group.
- Open the Messages app and navigate to the group chat you wish to rename.
- Then, at the top of the thread, tap the group icons. Tap ‘Info’ after tapping the group icons on iOS 14 or before.
- The information page for Group Chat will appear. Tap the blue ‘Change Name and Photo’ button.
- Then, in the given field, type the name of the group.
- You can also alter the group icon by taking/ uploading a photo or using an emoji/ Memoji. You can alter the background style of any emoji.
- After you’ve made your adjustments, press the ‘Done’ button. The group chat’s name (and icon) will be updated.
- To close the group chat information screen, use the ‘Done’ button.
- Other members of the group chat will notice that you have changed the name of the conversation.
Group Chats make it incredibly simple to stay in touch with all of your friends or family members in one location. Furthermore, naming the conversation something specific to your group makes the procedure more enjoyable and intimate.
Also Read: Why Does a Name Appear Blue in iMessage