How to Find a Lost iPhone, Even If It’s Dead or Offline. Learn how to find a dead iPhone by using the Find My iPhone last known location function, how to find an iPhone’s last known location even if it’s dead or offline, what to do once you’ve found your lost iPhone, and how to find an iPhone without using Find My iPhone.
Does Locate My iPhone work while the phone is turned off? Yes, if you have the Find My iPhone current known location feature enabled. If you do not enable this option, it will be considerably more difficult to locate a dead iPhone. The catch is that you must have enabled this feature before losing your iPhone.
When your iPhone is misplaced, there is a natural tendency to panic. Even if your battery is dead or your Wi-Fi and cellular data are turned off, you’ll typically be able to locate your iPhone. As long as the iPhone is turned on, Apple’s new Bluetooth location feature will assist you in locating an offline iPhone. Even if your iPhone’s battery is dead, finding it is as simple as following its last known location. You can find your lost iPhone 13 Pro Max, 12 Pro Max, 11, X and older versions also.
We’ll use iCloud and hence the Find My iPhone software to get that beloved iPhone or iPad you’ve misplaced back into your hands, dead or living. We’ll also go over how to enable Lost Mode on your iPhone remotely and the many options you have while looking for your iPhone. Here’s how to locate your iPhone even if the battery is dead and out of range (find my iPhone online). If you believe your iPhone has been stolen, call local authorities immediately; do not attempt to recover it yourself.
How to Find a Lost iPhone, Even If It’s Dead or Offline
Keeping Find My iPhone enabled is only one component of guaranteeing that even a dead iPhone is frequently located using iCloud’s location tracking. With Offline Finding enabled in Settings in iOS 13, you’ll be able to locate your iPhone even if it’s dead or turned off. With Send Last Location enabled, you will be able to see where your iPhone was just before the battery died, thus as long as your Find My settings are fully active, there are numerous possibilities to locate your missing device. to make an attempt at this:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on your name.
- Select Find My.
- Select Find My iPhone.
- Toggle Communicate Last Location, which will automatically send your device’s location to Apple when its battery is low.
Pro Tip: Use Find My to set up notifications on your Apple Watch so you never lose your phone. These can be configured for your phone as well as other devices and products.
How to Find Your iPhone together with your iPad
You’ll use the iPad’s Find My app to track down your iPhone. If your iPhone’s battery dies, you will be taken to the last location your iPhone was before the battery died. When your iPhone is offline but not dead, the Find My app will use neighbouring Apple devices to determine the iPhone’s current location. to track for your misplaced iPhone on an iPad or a friend’s iPhone (even if it’s dead) (find my phone):
- Launch the Find My iPad app.
- Select the Devices tab.
- A map will appear, displaying your Find My enabled devices.
- When your iPhone is turned off, it will show as an iPhone with a blank screen on the map and sidebar.
- When your iPhone is turned on, it will appear as an iPhone with a vivid Home screen on the map and sidebar.
- Choose your iPhone from the list of available devices.
- Tap Directions to request driving or walking directions to the general location of your iPhones.
- If your iPhone is offline but not dead, you can use Play Sound to help you locate it.
- If your iPhone is dead, turn on Notify When Found to send notifications and a location update to your iPad every time your iPhone is turned on.