How to Fix Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 Computer. Internet speeds are growing worldwide. But your Windows PC may be facing the issue of slow Internet speed. If you face this problem, it may occur due to router misconfiguration, some operating system problem, or other software-installed intervention. A user can do various things to fix this problem and get faster Internet speeds.
How to Fix Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 Computer
The following methods can be used to resolve the slow Internet speed and to make it faster:
- Use the Group Policy Editor to configure the bandwidth allocation.
- Set up the router.
- Reset the auto-tuning level of Windows.
- Check the intervention of the third-party software.
- Update, reinstall, or roll back drivers.
1. Use the Group Policy Editor to configure the bandwidth allocation
- Open and navigate to the Group Policy Editor:
Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler.
- Select the Limit reservable bandwidth policy setting.
- It should set the radio button to be enabled.
- Set it to 100% for the bandwidth limit (percent).
- Select Apply and then OK. Reboot your computer and you should have normal internet speeds.
2. Set up the router to Fix slow Internet speed
- There may be possibilities for your Internet speed to be limited by your router itself.
- In router configuration pages, speed limiters are installed to regulate Internet speed among connected devices.
- From your router’s control panel, you can try to disable any such limitations and check if that fixes your problem after you reboot your router.
3. Reset the auto-tuning level of Windows
- Windows Auto-Tuning helps to receive TCP data over the network from installed programs. But sometimes this use can lead to a slowdown of your computer’s mainstream internet. We can, however, interrupt this feature and bump up our speeds.
- It’s dangerous to do because it may hamper your applications ‘ responsiveness and usability.
- Open Windows Command Prompt and execute the following command with Admin Level rights:
netsh interface tcp show global
- You will now see a list and status of TCP Global Parameters.
- To disable the Windows Auto-tuning level, execute this command:
netsh interface tcp show global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Reboot your laptop in order to bump up your Internet speed.
4. Check the intervention of the third-party software
- You can check in the background whether any software is running and hogging your bandwidth.
- Using the Task Manager, you can check if from the Task Manager and if any of them are, you can simply stop downloading or force the software to close.
- Boot in Clean Boot State and see if the Internet speed is improved.
5. Update, reinstall, or rollback drivers to Fix slow Internet speed
The drivers listed inside the Device Manager under the Network Adapters section may be a cause for this particular problem. You can try reinstalling your motherboard’s network drivers. If these drivers have been lately updated, roll these drivers back and check. If you haven’t, we’ll recommend that you update these drivers. Hope something helps you here.
Now Again Test your Windows 10 Internet Speed
Also Read: How to Fix Slow WiFi Internet Connection