How to Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps? Exchanging photographs is a pleasant way to share unforgettable moments from your daily lives. Whether you use Snapchat to remain in touch with friends and family or to preserve your streak score, snaps can take a long time or fail to load on Snapchat.
How to Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps?
The strategies described below should not take long to resolve such loading issues on Snapchat. To resolve the Snapchat snaps not loading issue, start with the simple ones and work your way up to the more difficult ones. So, let’s take a look at them.
1. Update Snapchat App
While utilising an older version of a programme is normally safe, it can cause problems in some instances. This is especially true if the software has just undergone significant changes. As a result, updating Snapchat to the most recent version should be your next step.
2. Check Internet Connection to Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps
To begin, check the strength of your internet connection. If your internet connection is sluggish or intermittent, Snapchat may struggle to load stories for you. To determine if it helps, perform a brief speed test or switch to a different network connection.
3. Clear Snapchat App Cache
Snapchat, like most apps, captures cache data when you load stories, download filters, or browse Memories. Such problems are likely if the data has become corrupted. To resolve this, clear the cache data and try again.
Within the app, Snapchat provides the ability to clear cache data. So, whether you have an Android or an iPhone, you may erase the Snapchat cache by following the steps below.
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on your profile symbol, then tap on the cog icon to access Snapchat settings.
- Scroll down to Account Actions and select the Clear Cache option. When prompted, select Continue.
4. Check App Permission to Fix Snapchat Not Loading Snaps
The Snapchat app will not function properly if it does not have the appropriate rights to access your phone’s storage or mobile data. As a result, you may encounter difficulties loading snaps. Here’s how to make it right.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and scroll down to Snapchat.
- From here, enable all permissions.
- Long-press the Snapchat app icon and select the Info option from the menu that appears. Select Permissions from the App Info screen.
- Enable each permission one at a time.
After granting the necessary rights, restart the Snapchat app to test if it can now load stories.
5. Avoid Using VPN to fix Snap Loading
Do you have a VPN connection? If this is the case, you may experience login problems or difficulty sending or loading snaps on Snapchat. As a result, it’s advised to avoid using a VPN while using Snapchat.
6. Check Snapchat Server is Down
Issues with Snapchat’s server might also cause snaps to fail to load or send. To confirm this, go to a website like Downdetector and check Snapchat’s server status. It monitors service failures for a variety of prominent services, including Snapchat.
If Snapchat is down, you have no choice but to wait for them to fix the problem. Hopefully, it won’t be too lengthy. For any changes, follow Snapchat’s official Twitter account.
7. Clear Chats
If you’re having trouble loading snaps from a select few pals, it could be because of the existing chat cache. To remedy the issue, you can try clearing that discussion. This is how.
- In the Snapchat app, tap the Profile symbol in the upper left corner, then tap the gear icon to access Snapchat Settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy area and select the Clear Conversation option.
- Tap the cross icon to the right of the chat you want to delete.
8. Clear Friend List then Re-Add Friends
If clearing the conversation doesn’t work, remove your friends and re-add them. This method worked for multiple users when resolving the problem.
- Open Snapchat and go to your friend’s profile. Then, at the top, click the three-dot menu symbol and select Remove Friend.
- When prompted, select Remove.
After removing your friend, check to see if the problem has been rectified.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall the Snapchat App
If your “Tap to Load” problem persists, Snapchat’s essential files may be corrupted. This usually happens when your phone has malware or other risks on it. However, there are more causes.
Because you can’t manually fix your app’s core files, a simple workaround is to remove and reinstall the Snapchat app on your phone. This deletes the old corrupt files and replaces them with new working files.
Your account data is not deleted when you reinstall Snapchat. After reinstalling the programme, you can log back into your account.