How to Lock Your iPhone Journal in iOS 17.2? In iOS 17.2, Apple released the long-awaited Journal app for iPhone. Continue reading to learn how to keep the contents of your journal secure and hidden from inquisitive eyes.
Apple said in June 2023 that it would be bringing its own journaling app to iOS 17, and it has now been confirmed that the app is included in iOS 17.2, which is presently available as a beta download.
Apple’s Journal app allows you to record your daily thoughts and activities, including data such as images, music listened to, exercises, and more, and it also offers themes to write about.
How to Lock Your iPhone Journal in iOS 17.2?
Of course, when it comes to personal writing, privacy and security are paramount. As a result, the Journal app includes security measures such as encryption and passcode protection to protect your journal from unauthorised access.
The steps below will show you how to lock the Journal app on your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Journal.
- Enter your iPhone passcode when you tap Lock Journal.
- Turn the Lock Journal switch on.
- Tap Require Passcode, then select one of the following options: Immediately, 1 minute later, 5 minutes later, and 15 minutes later.
That’s the end of it. Your diary is now unavailable until you input your device passcode or use Face ID or Touch ID, giving you peace of mind whenever you record important or confidential information.
Also Read: How to Use AirDrop Over Cellular on iOS 17.1