How to Logout of Instagram Account that is Remembered? Normally, when you log out of an app, the programme forgets your login information and prompts you to enter your username and password to access the service. That is not the case with many Google and Facebook apps.
Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram will remember your account information so you can log in with a single tap. The practice is intended for user ease, yet it occasionally leaves you scratching your head. Please allow me to elaborate.
My pal logged into his Instagram account a few days ago using my iPhone XR. He logged out after 10 minutes of browsing, but the programme remembered his account, exposing his account to me or anyone else using my phone.
If you find yourself in a similar circumstance, this post will teach you how to delete an Instagram remembered account. Let’s get started!
How to Logout of Instagram Account that is Remembered?
Instagram on Android includes the ‘Remove’ button right on the main page. On the iPhone, though, things are a little different. You must make some adjustments to the Instagram Settings menu.
Before we begin, let me demonstrate the iPhone’s default behaviour. When you try to log out of your Instagram account, it appears on the Instagram home page (as shown in the image below). You may open the account with a single tap.
To delete Instagram remembered accounts, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Log in to your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the Account tab.
- Navigate to Security Saved login information in Settings.
- Toggle off the Saved login information option from the menu that appears.
- Instagram will request confirmation of your decision. Choose Remove from the pop-up option that appears.
- To return to the Instagram Settings menu, click the back arrow in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and click Log out from this account.
- Instagram will prompt you to Remember or Forget your current account details. Choose Not Now from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Confirm your choice by tapping Log Out.
That’s all. You have successfully checked out of your Instagram account, leaving no trace behind. Instagram will ask for your account password the next time you check in. Safe and sound.
How to Remove saved login info of Multiple Instagram Accounts?
Many Instagram users now have separate accounts for personal and business use. Instagram does provide the option to remove the account from the home screen in such circumstances. To find out more, follow the steps below.
- Log out of both accounts by going to the Instagram Settings menu.
- You may access both accounts from the Instagram home page with a single tap.
- At the bottom, press the little Edit button.
- Tap the x mark next to the account you want to delete.
- Following the pop-up menu, Instagram will confirm your decision. If you choose Remove, the app will forget the account’s login information.
Personally, I appreciate the convenience that Instagram provides here. However, instead of allowing the user to access the account with a single tap, it would be excellent to add biometric authentication such as Face ID or Touch ID to further reinforce account security. Follow the methods outlined above to erase remembered Instagram accounts on other devices. If your Instagram account has been compromised, you can recover it using your iPhone or Mac.