How to Make Free Calls Using Google Voice? Google Voice is the greatest free internet phone call service. Google Voice, which is more of a “phone number management” service than a traditional Internet phone service, provides a lot more than just allowing you to make free phone calls. Learn about the many types of phone calls, then sign up for and start calling using Google Voice.
What is Google Voice?
Google Voice is a free internet phone service that lets you integrate all of your cellular services and forward calls to several devices at the same time.
If you have a home landline, a business phone, and a personal smartphone, instead of bouncing between three distinct numbers and devices, you can give out a single Google Voice number and be notified at all three numbers when someone calls.
On a computer, you may also use Google Voice to make and receive calls. However, before you can utilise any of Google Voice’s capabilities, you must first create a Google account. You must also have an existing mobile or landline phone number in the United States.
Google Voice is a terrific resource for combining multiple communication channels for those who just have too many phones and numbers to manage. It’s also beneficial for frequent travellers who must switch between airlines. It’s also a good alternative if you frequently change phone numbers and pay exorbitant rates for international calls, or if you want to record incoming calls for free.
Types of Google Voice Free Calls
Google Voice allows you to make free PC-to-phone and PC-to-PC calls. However, the simplest and most usual way to utilise Google Voice is to let the service connect your phone to the destination number for free. This might be referred to as a free “phone-to-phone” call.
Register for Google Voice
You can sign up for Google Voice for free using the same information you use to access other Google services like Gmail and YouTube.
- Sign up for a Google account if you don’t already have one at Google.com.
- Go to your Google Voice Settings after reading and accepting any terms or regulations. Select Choose at the top of the page, inside the Phone numbers heading.
- You may then look up a phone number by its area code. Enter Atlanta, GA, for example, and you’ll be presented with all of the numbers with Atlanta area codes from which to choose. Choose Select on the desired number.
- Then, follow the steps to connect your existing phone to your Google account so you may use your Google Voice number with your tablet or phone.
How to Use Google Voice?
To make free phone calls using Google Voice, follow these steps:
- Log in to Google Voice and input a name or phone number in the appropriate field.
- To begin the call, press the phone button.
- Google Hangouts allows you to make PC-to-PC calls, sometimes known as voice or video chat.
- Google Voice can also be accessed via a mobile application. Google has official apps for Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users.
Google Voice is fantastic. We’ve been using it since it was GrandCentral before Google purchased the firm. The free phone calls are crisp, and the service is simple to use. The iPhone app we’ve used is simple to use and works flawlessly every time.
If for no other reason, some people purchase a Google Voice number so they can forward calls to certain people or businesses to a number other than their primary phone number. So, if you’re joining up for an online service and asked for your phone number, you might provide your Google Voice number so that all calls are routed to it rather than your regular phone.