How to Speed up a slow Android device. If your device is running very slowly, lagging or taking a long time to respond, one of the steps below may solve the problem. Check to see if it fixes your problem after following the steps for each recommended solution. Note: Only on Android 8.0 and up do some of these steps work.
How to Speed up a slow Android device?
If your device is slower when viewing websites, watching videos or other network-using activities, there might be a problem with your internet connection. (Learn how to link to a WiFi or mobile data network.) Contact your network administrator, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or mobile carrier to solve internet connection problems.
Troubleshoot your Slow device
- Restart your Mobile
Press the Power button for approximately 30 seconds until your device restarts to restart your phone or tablet. It gives it a fresh start to reboot your device. This is all you need to fix a problem sometimes.
- Check for Android Mobile updates
Updates to the system can bring improvements that may solve your problem.
To verify and install updates to the system:
- Open the Settings app for your device.
- Tap System near the bottom, then Advanced and then update the system. Tap first about the phone or tablet if necessary.
- You’ll see the status of your update. Follow any on the screen any steps.
- Check storage
You might see problems if the internal storage of your device is complete or nearly complete. You can remove unnecessary files and clear cached data in order to free up the space that your device needs to work properly.
To check how much storage your device has:
- See how much storage you have available.
- Tap Storage.
- If less than 10 percent of storage is free, your device can begin having problems.
- If your device storage is full then please free up some space.
Troubleshoot apps for slowness on your device
- Check for apps updates
App updates can bring improvements that can solve your problem. For your apps, see and get updates:
- Open Playstore on your Android Mobile.
- Tap Menu and then tap on My Apps & Games.
- Apps that have updates available are labelled “Update.”
- If you have an update, tap Update.
- If there are more updates, tap Update all.
Close apps you don’t use
You don’t generally need to close apps. Android manages the memory used by the applications.
But to shut down an app completely, including any background services it can use:
- Open the Settings Settings app for your device.
- Tap Apps & Notifications and the app afterwards.
- Touch on App info.
- Tap Force Stop.
Tip: Make a list of which apps you force to stop to assist see which applications cause issues.
Also Read: Google Maps allows you to see how quickly you drive
See if an application causes the issue
An app that you downloaded may cause the problem. You can restart your device in safe mode to see if the problem is caused by a downloaded app. Safe mode switches off all downloaded apps temporarily.
- Reboot in safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power button on your device.
- Touch and hold power off power on your screen. Tap OK.
- Wait to see if the problem goes away after seeing “Safe mode” at the bottom of your screen.
If your problem doesn’t go away in safe mode. Restart your device and skip to the next section.
If your problem goes away in safe mode, a downloaded app causes your problem most likely.
To find out which app is the following:
- Restart your device in order to exit safe mode.
- Uninstall applications lately downloaded one by one. Restart your device after each removal. See if the issue was solved by removing the app.
- You can reinstall the other applications you removed after you remove the app that causes the issue.
Also Read: How to enable Dark Mode of WhatsApp on Android and iOS
Is your Android Phone Still Slow?
- Reset your Android device to factory settings
You can reset your device to factory settings in order to remove any processes on your device that could cause the problem.
IMPORTANT: All information will be removed from your device by a factory information reset. While any information stored in your Google Account will be restored, it will uninstall all applications and their related information. We suggest that you back up your machine before performing a factory information reset.
If the problem was caused by an app you downloaded and you reinstall it, the problem might come back.
Excellent blog here! Also, your site loads up fast!
What i don’t realize is in fact how you are no
longer really a lot more well-liked than you might be now.
You are so intelligent. You recognize therefore considerably
with regards to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous numerous angles.
Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested until it is something to do with Lady gaga!
Your own stuffs nice. All the time take care of
Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine
Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good gains.
If you know of any please share. Many thanks!