How to Make an Enchantment Table in Minecraft? For as basic as Minecraft appears when you first start — punch a tree, craft, repeat — things will ultimately get more sophisticated and fanciful. Consider magical gateways, lethal dragons, glowing pyramids, and other elements.
Enchantment Table Recipe
You can even utilise magic yourself thanks to the enchantment table item (also known as the “enchanting” table). The enchantment table can provide magical improvements to your weapons, armour, and other gear. Some spells, for example, make your tools function quicker and last longer, while others protect you.
Here’s what you’ll need and how to make the most of your enchanting table.
How to Make an Enchantment Table in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, making an enchantment table takes one book, two diamonds, & four obsidian blocks; powering the table also requires lapis lazuli.
1. To get a book
- Collect leather. Cows can be slaughtered to obtain leather.
- Collect sugar cane, which can be found near water in a swamp or desert habitat. Once you have your sugar cane, arrange the pieces in an even horizontal row in the crafting area and collect the paper that has resulted.
- Now, take your leather & three pieces of paper and make a book out of them. As long as each piece of paper is independent, you can arrange them in any four blocks in the 3×3 crafting table space.
2. Gather diamond, lapis lazuli and obsidian
Mining is the best technique to find a diamond, obsidian, and lapis lazuli. This will take some time, so bring torches, food, weapons, and a pail of water with you.
Once you’ve collected your diamonds (at least two), locate a pool of standing lava and pour your bucket of water into it. This produces obsidian, which requires at least a diamond pickaxe to mine. You’ll need at least 4 blocks of obsidian.
Throughout it all, keep an eye out for lapis lazuli. This dark blue ore can be found almost anywhere. The more lapis lazuli you gather, the better – you’ll need it to create enchantments.
When you’ve gathered all of your supplies, it’s time to put them all together on a crafting table. Within the 3×3 crafting zone:
- Insert the book into the upper-middle slot.
- Place the diamonds in the second row’s left and right spaces, leaving the middle slot unfilled.
- Insert the obsidian into the middle-centre slot, between the diamonds, and then obsidian into the bottom row.
Users now have an enchantment table that is ready to utilise. It is important to note that if you want to move it later, you must use a pickaxe; simply pounding it would destroy the table.
Where to find an enchanting table in creative mode?
|Pocket Edition||Decorations (0.14.1-1.1.3)|
|Xbox 360||Items (1.2-1.18.10)|
|PlayStation 3||Miscellaneous (CU23-CU43)|
|PlayStation 4||Items (1.2.5-1.18.10)|
|Nintendo Wii U||Miscellaneous (1.26-1.76)|
|Nintendo Switch||Miscellaneous (1.26-1.91)|
|Windows 10 Edition||Items (1.14.0-1.18.10)|
|Education Edition||Miscellaneous (Patch 3-38)|
How to use an enchantment table in Minecraft?
The enchanting table has the ability to enchant your tools, armour, and most equipment (exceptions, like elytra, can instead be enchanted at the anvil).
How to open an enchanting table
- Set the Enchanting Table.
- To access the enchanting table, right-click it, tap it, or press LT, L2, or ZL, depending on your platform.
Enhancing the enchantment table with bookshelves
Using bookshelves, you can increase the power of the enchantment table. Surrounding the table with bookshelves unlocks greater enchantment levels, up to a maximum of 30. To reach level 30, you’ll need a total of 15 bookshelves.
How to craft a bookshelf:
- You’ll need three books and six boards for one bookshelf. The planks can be created of any form of wood, so use whichever tree type is nearby to make your planks.
- Arrange the six planks in the top and bottom rows of the 3×3 grid on the crafting table.
- Arrange the books in the crafting area grid’s centre row.
After you’ve made 15 bookshelves, arrange them in either a one-story, an almost-full circle that surrounds the enchanting table, or two-story bookshelves that flank two sides of the enchantment table.
Whatever you do, leave at least one block of open space between the bookshelves and your table.
How to enchant with an enchanting table
- Uncover the enthralling table
- Place the item to be enchanted in the first box of the enchanting table.
- Put three lapis lazuli in the second box, next to the object from step 2.
- Choose the enchantment you want to use and return the object to your inventory.
Quick Tip: If you wish to enchant a specific item with a specific spell, your best bet is to enchant books until you get the spell you desire. Then, use the charmed book on the anvil item.