How to Unsend Messages in Facebook Messenger? Remove a message from your inbox or the inbox of everyone else. This post will show you how to permanently unsend a Facebook Messenger message. You can delete the message from your own chat history or from the chat history for everyone.
How to Unsend Messages in Facebook Messenger?
The technique for unsending a message sent via the app is the same whether you have an Android or an iPhone. Take the following steps:
- Tap and hold the message that you want to delete.
- Choose More.
- Select Unsend.
- Select Unsend for Everyone to delete the message from the threads of all chat participants. Alternatively, tap Unsend for You to delete it from your chat but leave it on the threads of other participants.
- To confirm, press the OK button.
- “You unsent a message” has replaced the item you unsent. This is obvious to everyone in the room.
How to Unsend Messages in Web Browser?
Go to the message you want to delete from Facebook on the web, and then do the following:
- Select More (three dots), followed by Remove.
- Unsend for everyone to remove the comment from the chat, then erase it.
- To confirm, press the Okay button.
- The text you submitted has vanished. A bubble appears in its place, saying, “You unsent a message.” All participants can see this bubble.
Why Would You Want to Send Facebook Messages Again?
Assume you sent a message that you immediately regretted, or you mistakenly sent a personal message to the wrong person. Until 2018, Facebook messages could not be unsent or withdrawn from the inbox of the recipient. You can now retract any words, GIFs, emojis, or other content you sent to a person or group of individuals.
Also Read: FB Messenger Notification But No Message