What’s New in Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74? Google Chrome 99.0.4844.74 has been published for Windows, Mac, and Linux. (Because the Chrome update is being rolled out, it may not be available for instant download.) An attacker might use one of these flaws to gain control of a vulnerable system.
What’s New in Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74?
Google’s Chrome browser was upgraded Tuesday, closing security holes. In desktop browsers (99.0.4844.74), 11 vulnerabilities were patched, one of which was graded Critical. There are nine with “Hight” and one with “Medium.” So don’t put off the upgrade for too long.’ What’s New in Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74?
Chrome has been upgraded to version 99.0.4844.74 in the Extended Stable Channel. Despite the fact that the Mac version will be updated in the coming days. Google Chrome has been upgraded to version 99.0.4844.74 on the Long Term Support Channel LTS. Even 13 security vulnerabilities were filled here. There were 9 “High” gaps and 4 “Medium” gaps.
Google Chrome for Android has also been updated to version 99.0.4844.78.
On November 15th, Google released Chrome version 99.0.4844.74, which has new capabilities that will alter how consumers use this browser. Many consumers are dissatisfied with the lack of security patches in the newest version. However, according to Google’s official blog post on Chrome updates, they have completed around twenty-five such fixes in collaboration with a team of external researchers.
That is a major step forward and welcome news for people like us who rely extensively on this cross-platform web browser on a daily basis. Furthermore, Google is constantly patching its browser for security flaws and vulnerabilities. Security is critical in times like these when cybercrime is on the rise.
Furthermore, Chrome 99.0.4844.74 includes a slew of other features that make life easier for both professionals and students. The best thing is that these useful services are available to people like you and me for free. So, let’s look at what these characteristics are and how we may use them.
List Of New Changes In Google Chrome 99.0.4844.74
- Google Chrome will now utilise HTTPS to connect to websites that have an HTTPS record in their DNS.
- URL protocols can be used to register web applications such as Twitter and FTP.
- Furthermore, Google Chrome 99.0.4844.74 has FocusableMediaStreamTrack, which allows apps that capture windows or tabs to focus on an object on a window. It’s known as the conditional focus.
- A new experiment called Priority suggestions allows you to prioritise a browser or resources based on their value. This means you may prioritise these browsers by setting them to low, auto, or high. Google gives you more control over the resources that are most important to you in this way.
- Furthermore, Chrome 99.0.4844.74 supports cache forwarding on the desktop, allowing for speedier browsing to previously visited pages.
- Additionally, the most recent version has a credentialess option from Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy. Credentials in this context refer to cookies, client certificates, and so forth.
- Chrome 99.0.4844.74 assigns unique IDs to desktop progressive web apps, often known as PWAs. It enables tracking of the startup process on desktops and, shortly, Android.
- Increasing content security with the possibility of deleting the payment request API entirely in the future.
According to ghacks.net, these are the major changes in the new Chrome browser.
New Features Available In Google Chrome 99.0.4844.74
Chrome features may be divided into five primary groups. They are as follows:
Each one serves a different function for a different person, such as using Google forms for a project survey/locating tabs you just opened but failed to write essential notes on, and so on. So let’s look into the tools that will assist us in getting started.
Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74 Productivity
When we talk about productivity, we are referring to two elements that influence it: speed and efficiency. Work, according to Parkinson’s law, grows in proportion to the amount of time we devote to it. Simply said, if we devote more time to one job, it will take longer, and vice versa.
But how can you know how much time to devote to each task?
It’s difficult to respond since it will rely on the tools you have available to do the task. And while we’re working online, Google Chrome is the ideal answer. Let’s have a look at this.
Copy Link To Highlight
Chrome 99.0.4844.74 makes it easier and faster to share links. We frequently need to discuss some significant points from a research paper online, data from a blog, or a crucial notion from internet resources with our colleagues. Previously, we had to provide them with the complete URL of the website or blog post.
Furthermore, the receiver would have to browse through the entire article before reaching the lines or points we wanted them to read, which would take a long time. With this new functionality, your receiver may directly read the lines or suggestions you were attempting to convey with them. This is not only handy for you and the recipient, but it also saves a lot of time.
To use this:
- Navigate to the sentence or text you wish to share with a friend or coworker.
- Additionally, right-click on the highlighted text.
- To highlight a link, select Copy Link.
- You may now paste the text’s URL into a message, email, or chat.
It will take your recipient directly to the text rather than the entire page.
This function is useful if you spend your days immersed in Google searches, opening and shutting hundreds of tabs. And it can be a lifeline (speaking from personal experience)! By clicking on the tab search button, you may easily find tabs without needing to keep them open at the same time.
If you can’t find it, it’s at the top of the Chrome window. When you click it, a drop-down menu with all of your recent tabs will display. Select the desired tab and ta-da!
Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74 Organize
If you work better in a clean environment, this function is for you. We frequently visit the same websites, which might fill your browser history over time. The entire process, therefore, becomes laborious and tiring to the eyes. By navigating to a tab and right-clicking on it, Chrome 99.0.4844.74 allows you to sift through this jumble. What’s New in Google Chrome Version.
Select Add tab to a new group and then New group. You may also click on the name of the tab you’re currently on. Furthermore, you will lose time on your browser searching for a tab among a bunch of tabs. To address this issue, you may add colours and rename them to separate them.
Additionally, give the tab group a name and click on the colourful circles beneath it. Click on the name or the circle next to the tab groups to collapse them. Furthermore, if you wish to reorganise your tab groups, click on the desired tab group and drag it to the desired location.
In addition to these additional capabilities, you can personalise your browser by changing its colour and adding a profile image. You can also edit PFDs, save them, create shortcuts, and save time. Google Translate, Arts and Culture, Google Drive, and Google Keep are all helpful addons.
To obtain the most recent version of Chrome 99.0.4844.74, navigate to Settings in your Chrome browser and select About Chrome. If an update is available, you may click Update Chrome. Otherwise, you will get the message “Your Chrome browser is up to date.”