How To Change IMEI Number and Android Device ID. How to change IMEI number on Rooted Android. Changing the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) and phone ID of any android device is not really a great concept because there are many advantages or disadvantages, but sometimes it helps us take some additional benefit of our device.
Also Read: How to Speed up a slow Android device
Table of Contents
How To Change IMEI of Any Android Device
Where the IMEI is used to trace a device’s location or find the stolen device, on the other hand, by changing its IMEI number, serial number, a device ID, Donkeyguard number, UDID, it is used to make a device untraceable. You can also convert/change your IMEI Android to IMEI Blackberry (BB) by using GLO BIS.
Reason to change/convert the IMEI number of your device:
- Make your phone untraceable and unachievable.
- Convert Android IMEI to Blackberry IMEI to use GLO BIS scheme.
- Fix invalid IMEI number issue on any device.
- Reset / Update / Repair your device,
- Obtaining a unique device identification.
A universal technique or a complete procedure for changing/rewriting the IMEI number of an Android device (including a tablet) with or without the root of your computer or with or without the use of any IMEI Changer Software, IMEI Changing Tool, Terminal Emulator.
Find any android device IMEI number or device ID (either phone or tablet):
If you can’t find out your device ID or IMEI number, a simple trick below will help you.
- To find your device IMEI number, simply dial * # 06#.
- To find the device ID, simply dial * # * # 8255 # * # * and get the device ID in the GTalk Service Monitor. And by going to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status, another way to find out the device ID.
How to change IMEI number
- First dial * # 7465625 # or * # * # 3646633 # * # * on your Android phone.
- Now press on the Connectivity option or call pad.
- Now search for CDS data and then click on it.
- Then, checkout for Radio the information.
- Now, if your Android device is a dual sim device, you’ll get two options like IMEI 1 [ SIM1 ] and IMEI 2 [ SIM2 ]. Then pick one or you’d like to modify the IMEI number.
- Change your IMEI number shown below.
- AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2”
- Now just replace your desired number with IMEI1 or IMEI2. And click the SEND button.
Note: You can also use any Blackberry [ BB ] IMEI number to modify the IMEI number.
How to Change Device ID of your Tablet and Android Phone:
You can change the device ID of an Android device with our root.
Change Device ID with the Root:
- First Root Your Android device.
- Now, Download and Install Device ID Changer
- Follow this app’s wizard now.
- After changing the device ID, restart/reboot your device and finish it.
Change Device ID without the Root:
- First, backup your Android device.
- Go to Settings. and then click Backup & Reset
- Then click ‘ Reset Data Factory.
- And then reset your phone.
- When reset it. Then you’ll get a new, unique device ID.
Now:- All data such as messages, phone memory, contacts, apps will be wiped out. So, you need to back up your device and you can restore it afterward.
HideMyRoot App, RootCloak App, IMEI Changer App, Xposed Framework, Donkey Guard App.