How to Fix Corrupted SD Card – Best Way to Repair USB Flash Drive. Most times, when the card gets damaged or corrupted, you can’t open your SD card and access your data. The disaster that happens now and then, even if the users want to happen is the last thing in the world.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Corrupted SD Card
If this issue caught you and you’re worried about how to recover a corrupted SD card to rescue your data, you’ll be relieved now. This page offers you great solutions to help with corrupted SD card recovery!
Also Read: What is White Hat SEO?
Tips for Corrupted SD Card
Please try the following steps to check if the card is damaged before taking action to recover a corrupted SD card.
- Try using the card on a different device
- Change the letter of the drive
- Install the drivers again
Try the following methods to fix corrupted SD cards without losing data if you can confirm that there are some errors, corruptions or bad sectors.
Use the CHKDSK command to recover a SD card
- Use a card reader to insert the corrupted SD card into your PC.
- Select the “Computer” option by clicking the “Start” button. Look for your SD card under “Removable Storage Devices” and note the letter of the assigned drive.
- Click “Start” button, type “cmd” in the search box.
- Right-click the option “cmd.exe” and then select the option “Run as administrator.”
- Type the command: chkdsk [sd card drive letter]: /f /r /x in the newly opened command window and press enter.
Chkdsk will start checking and fixing any errors on the corrupted SD card and retrieving readable information. If the prompt command can’t help recover a corrupted SD card, you can try recovering data from the EaseUS disk to get your files back and format the device to repair it.