How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup? Spotify’s automatic starting guarantees that you always have music available. However, convenience comes at a cost: with it operating in the background, your boot process may slow to a crawl. Disabling automatic startup prevents Spotify from the beginning when your computer boots.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a digital music, podcast, & video service that provides access to millions of songs and other content from artists worldwide. Basic functions, such as playing music, are completely free, but you may pay for Spotify Premium.
Spotify is available on a variety of devices, including computers, phones, tablets, speakers, televisions, and automobiles, and you can effortlessly switch between them with Spotify Connect.
How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup
Fortunately, there is a simple way to deactivate automatic Spotify app opening in Windows 11 and Windows 10, 8, and 7. Continue reading to learn how to disable Spotify as well as other apps that may slow down your startup.
2 Methods to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup
There are a few options for keeping Spotify at bay until you’re ready. To cover all bases, use one or both of the following methods:
Method 1: Disable Spotify Through Windows Task Manager
- Right-click on a blank spot of the taskbar and select “Task Manager.”
- Choose the “Startup” tab.
- Right-click “Spotify,” then choose “Disable.”
Method 2: Change Spotify Settings
- Start the Spotify app by selecting it from the Start menu or by clicking the green Spotify icon in the system tray.
- To access the Settings menu, click the three horizontal dots in the upper left corner of the Spotify window.
- Select Edit, followed by Preferences.
- Near the bottom of the Settings screen, choose “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Look for the Startup and Window Behavior section.
- Select “No” from the drop-down menu for “Open Spotify automatically after you log in.”
- Return to the Settings page.
When you select a setting, it is automatically saved. Spotify should no longer load automatically when you boot up your computer. I might mention a service called “SpotifyWebHelper” that allows you to launch Spotify from a web page. Turning the “Allow Spotify to be launched via the Web” setting to “Off” will prevent “SpotifyWebHelper” from launching.